Are you struggling to conceive? Are you in the dreaded two week wait? You are not alone! I have been there, and I know how discouraging it can be. That is why I have compiled a list of fertility scriptures to encourage you during this time.
God is with you, and He will never leave you or forsake you. He has a plan for your life, and His timing is always perfect. Keep your faith strong, and don’t give up hope! You will get through this tough time stronger than ever before. God bless you!
When you are struggling to conceive, it is easy to feel alone. But you are not alone!
The Bible is filled with stories of women who struggled to conceive and yet were ultimately blessed with children. These 17 scriptures will encourage and uplift you as you wait for your miracle.
God is on your side, and He will see you through this difficult time. Lean on Him for strength and peace, and trust that He has a plan for your life. You are loved, valued, and cherished by Him, no matter what the future holds.
Thank you for reading!
This post is all about fertility scriptures to help encourage and inspire you during the 2ww.
The Best Fertility Prayer While Trying to Conceive
Must Have Fertility Products You Need While Trying to Conceive!
TTC Encouragement for the Two Week Wait
7 Bible Verses for Fertility That Will Encourage You
What is the 2ww?
The 2WW (two-week wait or luteal phase) is a period of time immediately following ovulation where a woman must wait to find out if she is pregnant. The 2WW is a time of anticipation and also a time of relative uncertainty – a lot can happen in two weeks.
The ovaries of an average woman release one mature egg per month, or approximately 12 eggs per year. This means that on average, a woman has only a 20% chance of conceiving in any one cycle.
An unfertilized egg is sloughed from the ovary into the uterus about 2 weeks after it is released from the ovary. If no sperm reach and fertilize this egg within that time, there will be an increase in the levels of certain hormones which trigger menstruation – the woman’s period will start.
Conceiving can take up to 6 cycles for some women and as little as 1 month for others. It all depends on your age, lifestyle choices, health history, and other factors.
This is why it’s important to see your doctor after a year of trying and find out what might be causing you to conceive later than expected, if at all.
Why Fertility Scriptures in the Two Week Wait?
For some women, the 2WW can cause anxiety or depression – this is not normal. The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy the faith that we as women of God have.
The two-week wait is the perfect time for that to happen according to Satan. That’s why I wanted to encourage you today with these scriptures straight from the word of God.
Fertility Scriptures for Encouragement
- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -Romans 12:12
- Wait patient for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. -Psalm 27:14
- Be still in the presence of the Lord, an wait patiently for him to act. -Psalm 37:7
- I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. – Psalms 40:1
- For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning! -Psalm 30:5
- So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing. -1 Thessalonians 5:11
- This is my command– be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. FOr the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. -Joshua 1:9
- Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. – Colossians 4:2
- I will walk in freedome, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. -Psalm 119:45
- And God answered Leah’s prayers. She became pregnant again and gave birth to a fifth son for Jacob. -Genesis 30:17
- Then God remembered Rachel’s plight and answered her prayers by enabling her to have children. -Genesis 30:22
- Keep on asking, and you will recieve what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. -Matthew 7:7
- Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. – Psalm 100:4
- Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later. – Romans 8:18
- Do not be afraid or discourafed, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. -Deuteronomy 31:8
- Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
- That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. -2 Corinthians 4:16
All scriptures are New Living Translation (NLT).
What Not to Do During the Two Week Wait
- Hot Baths or Hot Tubs
- Drinking Alcohol
- Intense Workouts
This should be a given. Especially as a woman of God, we should not be participating in smoking as it causes harm to your body.
Hot Baths or Hot Tubs
Hot tubs, long soaks in the bath, saunas, and jacuzzis should be avoided because they can increase your core body temperature to levels that are too high for an unborn baby.
Limit caffeine intake (one cup a day is okay) and avoid alcohol altogether. Some medications may also cause harm to an unborn baby. Check with your doctor before taking any medication during the 2WW.
Moderate exercise has been shown to benefit fertility but in the two week wait, take it slow. As your progesterone increases your body will become more tired.
Instead of that intense cardio workout, go for a brisk walk instead.
Yes, you still have work to do during this time while you wait. The last thing you need is to stress yourself during the 2WW. There’s a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it, so don’t let Satan win by bringing you down.
Read the above fertility scriptures to be encouraged instead of stressed out!
This post was all about fertility scriptures to help bring you inspiration on your TTC journey, specially in your two week wait.
Octavia Steen is an NBDA certified fertility doula, health coach, certified fitness nutrition specialist, aspiring missionary with the COGIC, and owner of Mother Mindset. She helps future and current mamas become more consistent in faith + fitness and grow closer to God so they can create a healthier lifestyle from the inside out!