Last Updated on September 24, 2023 by Avi Steen
Why can’t I get pregnant again? Have you ever thought this? If you’re trying to conceive again after already having children, you may be experiencing secondary infertility.
Secondary infertility is defined as the inability to conceive a child after already giving birth to one or more children. There are many causes of secondary infertility, and some can be quite frustrating. But don’t worry – we have some quick tips to help increase your chances of conceiving quickly!
This post is about answering the question: Why can’t I get pregnant again?
What is it?
Secondary infertility is the inability to conceive a child after already giving birth to one or more children. It affects about 15% of couples who are trying to have a second child.
There are many causes of secondary infertility, and some can be quite frustrating. But don’t worry – we have some quick tips to help increase your chances of conceiving quickly!
Why can’t I get pregnant again?
It’s not that you can’t get pregnant again sis. It may be that there are some new fertility barriers you haven’t yet discovered that may be preventing you from doing so in this new journey.
There are many causes of secondary infertility, but some of the most common include:
-Ovulation disorders. This means that you’re not ovulating regularly, or at all.
-Diminished ovarian reserve. This means that your eggs are not as healthy as they used to be.
-Fallopian tube damage or blockage. This can be caused by a previous infection, surgery, or endometriosis.
-Uterine scarring. This can be caused by a previous C-section, uterine surgery, or abortion.
-Male infertility. This can be due to a variety of factors, including low sperm count or poor sperm quality.
If you’re struggling with secondary infertility, it’s important to see a fertility specialist. They will be able to help you figure out what is causing your infertility and recommend the best treatment options for you.
Quick Tips for Conception
While seeing a fertility specialist is the best way to increase your chances of conceiving, there are also some quick tips you can implement to help you on your journey.
- Start tracking your entire cycle including ovulation. This will help you determine when you’re most fertile and increase your chances of conceiving during that time. Tracking your entire cycle will also help you discover any possible hormonal imbalances such as low progesterone or short luteal phases.
- Start taking a prenatal vitamin. This will help ensure that you’re getting all the nutrients you need for a healthy body to carry a healthy pregnancy.
- Manage your stress levels. Stress can impact your fertility by affecting your hormones and preventing you from ovulating regularly.
- Make healthy lifestyle changes. Eating a nutritious diet, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep are all important for optimizing your fertility.
If you’re struggling to conceive again, don’t lose hope. There are many possible explanations and plenty of ways to increase your chances of success. Work with a fertility coach to figure out what’s causing your secondary infertility and implement some quick tips to help you conceive again.
- 45 Creative Prayer Journal Ideas for Moms
- Best Tea for Fertility in 2023
- 15 Top Fertility Resources in 2023
- 35 Best Bible Verses About Homemaking
- Daily Devotional for Women – Today’s Encouragement (2023)
Secondary Infertility FAQ
What are the signs of not being able to have a baby?
There are a few key signs that may indicate you are having difficulty conceiving:
- You have been trying to conceive for 12 months or longer without success.
- You’re experiencing irregular menstrual cycles, or you don’t get your period at all.
- You have a history of miscarriages or other fertility problems.
- Over the age of 35.
Why won’t my body let me get pregnant again?
If you are having difficulty conceiving again, checking your cycle charts is a good way to discover possible reasons why. Checking for ovulation and consistent BBTs can go a long way.
How can I get pregnant faster with a second child?
Start with charting your cycle and timing conception based on your cervical mucus and ovulation.
How can I boost my fertility?
There are many things you can do to boost your fertility, including:
-Eating a nutritious diet
-Getting enough sleep
-Reducing stress levels
-Taking a prenatal vitamin
Final Thoughts on Secondary Infertility
In conclusion, if you’re struggling with secondary infertility, know that you’re not alone. There are many possible explanations for why you may be having difficulty conceiving again. Work with a fertility specialist to figure out what’s causing your secondary infertility and implement some quick tips to help you on your journey to conceiving again.
Secondary infertility can be a difficult thing to go through, however, with the right help and support, you will be successful in conceiving again.
Take some time to relax and take care of yourself during this trying time. Getting pregnant again is possible, and you will get there sis. Just keep trying and don’t give up hope!
Octavia Steen is an NBDA certified fertility doula, health coach, certified fitness nutrition specialist, aspiring missionary with the COGIC, and owner of Mother Mindset. She helps future and current mamas become more consistent in faith + fitness and grow closer to God so they can create a healthier lifestyle from the inside out!