Last Updated on January 13, 2023 by Avi Steen
Losing weight is hard. It takes dedication and motivation, and even then progress can be slow. But you don’t have to feel like you’re stuck in a rut. There are simple ways to stay motivated and keep your weight loss goals on track. Here are some tips for staying motivated while losing your mom belly.
Focus on Smaller Goals
When we set unrealistic goals or expectations for ourselves, it’s easy to lose motivation because we’re setting ourselves up for failure. That’s why it’s important to set realistic goals that you know you can achieve with hard work and dedication.
Focus on smaller goals that will add up over time, such as increasing your daily workout by five minutes each week or cutting out sugar from your diet one day a week.
Small changes can make a big difference in the long run!
- Job 1 Beachbody Program: Discover the Revolutionary 20-Minute Workout Program
- How To Stay Consistent With Working Out in 2023
- Get Rid of Your Mom Belly and Keep the Weight Loss Motivation Going
- LIIFT MORE: Everything You Need to Know About Joel Freeman’s New Program
- The New Fire and Flow Beachbody Fitness Program: 4 Weeks to Fit!
Stop Being Basic With Workouts
Exercise isn’t always fun, but it doesn’t have to be boring either! Find ways to make exercise enjoyable by switching things up and finding activities that you actually enjoy doing.
Go for a walk with friends or family, try a new workout class at the gym, or just dance around your living room! The more fun you make exercising, the more likely you are to stick with it and stay motivated on your journey to losing your mom belly.
Track Your Progress
It can be hard to stay motivated if you don’t see progress in your weight loss journey. That’s why tracking your progress is so important! Keep a journal of your workouts, diet changes, and weight, and measure yourself once a week or a month.
Seeing your results will give you extra motivation to keep going and make sure that you’re on the right track.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had clients who didn’t see their own progress until they looked back at before and after photos, I encouraged them to take when they started. I promise its worth it.
Staying motivated while trying to lose belly fat doesn’t have to be difficult – it just requires dedication and focus on achieving small goals along the way. Set realistic goals that will help motivate you, make exercise enjoyable instead of torturous, and track your progress along the way! With these tips, achieving your weight loss goals is completely possible – so get out there and do it! You got this!
Lose Your Mom Belly
If you need the extra accountability to stay motivated, join our fitness accountability community:
The Pray, Sweat, Slay community is an accountability group for moms that will provide you with workouts that can be done at home or the gym, at any time that suits you! You’ll also have access to nutrition programs and guides. We also meet every first Sunday evening of the month for Bible study and encouragement!
There are three options for sign-up:
- The Slay Package (Your choice of supplement, 12 months of workout access, portion control containers, monthly meal plans, recipes, and lifetime access to the community) Starts at $160
- The Sweat Trial (14-day trial and then 3 months of workout access, portion control containers, monthly meal plans, recipes and 3-month access to the community) $85
- Pray Sweat Slay Membership (monthly meal plans, recipes, accountability, and coaching inside our community) $7/month
To join, fill out an application below:
Octavia Steen is an NBDA certified fertility doula, health coach, certified fitness nutrition specialist, aspiring missionary with the COGIC, and owner of Mother Mindset. She helps future and current mamas become more consistent in faith + fitness and grow closer to God so they can create a healthier lifestyle from the inside out!